Putting master cylinder on a 1983 Yamaha Seca

want to put aftermarket master cylinder on 83 seca..to eliminate stock master cylinder. i want to tie into spliter, will this work?

You can use an aftermarket master cylinder and run it into a splitter for dual discs, just make sure the master cylinder is designed for a dual disc setup – if its for a single disc it won’t pump enough fluid and your brakes will be real soft. There is a guy on eBay that sells nice quality master cylinders brand new for use on dual disc bikes, they work great on all older Japanese models. I’m sure you can find them.

Evan Fell

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *